We have endeavoured to improve the accessibility of the site and facilities to meet the full range of our visitor's needs so that everyone can truly enjoy their stay with us at Penhale Caravan and Camping Park
However, this access scheme is a continually evolving project, in which all Penhale staff and management enthusiastically contribute, providing both assistance and further suggestions to improve the services that we offer.
A comprehensive list of our facilities and service provisions can be found below:
- A copy of this access statement is available in large print and via post or email upon request.
- Our staff are always happy to discuss our facilities and your concerns even before a booking is made, please do not hesitate to ask.
- The approach to Reception is level and there is a small raised threshold at the door that leads directly into reception which is level throughout and entirely accessible to wheelchairs, although is quite compact.
- It is possible to park your vehicle next to your accommodation whether you are staying on the campsite or in one of our static caravans.
- The opening hours are 8am � 10pm peak season and 8am � 8pm in the shoulder season.
- A public telephone is provided, and there is generally good mobile phone coverage throughout the site.
- Full lists of local care, medical and service providers and hire companies contact details are available either in Reception or beside the public telephone.
- Phone numbers for taxi firms with wheelchair accessible vehicles are available in Reception.
- There is a bus service which runs between Fowey and Mevagissey, which you can catch from the Four Turnings stop (700 yards from our caravan site).
- We are looking into ways of increasing the range of disabled and family facilities throughout the park.
- Guest feedback and suggestions are always warmly received.
Penhale Caravan and Camping Park
- Reception Telephone ... 01726 833425
- Email Address ... email@example.com
Frequently Asked Questions
Do you provide a large print brochure?
The brochure is not available in large print but it is predominantly photographic. A copy of the access statement is available in large print however.
Can you provide me with assistance to settle in?
If at any time assistance is needed, our reception staff and park wardens will only be too willing to help. Please do not hesitate to ask.
Is there a 24 hour service?
Yes. Reception is open 8am � 10pm. However we live on site and available 24 hrs in case of emergency.
What is the Public Transport Provision?
There is a regular bus service from Fowey to Mevagissey via St Austell town centre, where connecting services to other towns and tourist attractions are available. This service runs every hour from April to October. Local taxi firms collect guests from the site. Please enquire at Reception for the phone number of our recommended taxi service.
Can delivery of provisions be arranged?
If required the local Tesco offer a delivery service via their website.
Where is the nearest hospital/doctors?
Both Fowey Hospital and the nearest doctors are within 2 miles from Penhale Caravan and Camping Park. Directions and contact details can be obtained from Reception.
We have tried to be as accurate and as thorough as possible when describing our site and facilities in this access statement; however if it does not answer your particular question or if you require any further information regarding our site and facilities please do not hesitate to contact us. For specific requirements on accessibility please email firstname.lastname@example.org